24K Beauty Bar Orlando Offers Men A Straight Razor Shave In Orlando
Have you ever had a straight razor shave? It might seem intimidating at first but we assure you that it has been a widely used grooming tool for several centuries. Traditional razor shaving has been making a comeback in the past few years. Look no further than 24K Beauty Bar for high-quality straight razor shave in Orlando. Treat yourself to this time-honored men’s grooming tradition.
Why Men’s Grooming Is Important
2020 is going to be the year to put the spotlight on men’s grooming. In our last blog post, we discussed how important it is for men to have a grooming regimen. Part of that grooming regimen should include regular trips to the barbershop. Getting a professional shave and haircut does wonders for your life – from your career to your relationships. There is nothing more relaxing and refreshing for a man that a professional shave. What better way to partake in this that a traditional straight razor shave?
What Is A Straight Razor?
Men’s shaving has come along way in the past century with the introduction of new products and innovations. However, the straight razor has its place in history. The straight razor is a blade that can fold into a handle. They are also known as “open razors” or “cut-throat” razors (don’t worry, they won’t cut you!) Even if you’ve never used one, you have probably seen it in photographs, movies or established barbershops.
The History Behind The Straight Razor
The first cut-throat razors were first manufactured in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England in 1680. Over the next two centuries, they became the main tool used in manual shaving. It’s popularity even made its way into the mid-20th-century. The safety razor was then introduced in the 19th century. Later in the 1950s, the electric razor made its way onto the market. Both electric razors and disposable razors dominate the market for the second half of the 20th century.
However, in 2012, there was a resurgence in the production of the straight razor. This was due to the popularity of the 2012 James Bond film Skyfall. In the film, there is a scene where James Bond is shaved using a classic straight razor. That scene alone caused straight razor sales to increase by 405%. It’s not a surprise, considering that James Bond is the epitome of a suave gentleman. Since then, many have tried this classic tool of men’s grooming.
Why You Need To Get A Straight Razor Shave At Least Once
If you are a newbie to the straight razor, you’ll have the best experience at a quality Orlando barbershop. Straight razors are less intimidating when they are in the hands of a professional. It does take time to practice, and you need a steady hand when you do it.
Here are a few reasons why you should get a straight razor shave:
- Straight Razors Help Prevent Razor burns and ingrown hairs – No one likes razor burns and ingrown hairs, especially on your face. The beauty of straight razors is that they don’t cause razor burns and ingrown hairs. Rather than dragging multiple blades across your face, you are only using one.
- You’ll A Close Shave – There is nothing more satisfying for a man than a close shave. Straight razors will offer you the closest shave that you’ll ever receive. Electric razors and disposable razors can offer you a decent shave, but they can’t compete with straight razors.
- A Closer Shave is Good For Your Skin – The closer the shave, the better it is for your face. An added bonus of a close shave is that it exfoliates your face. It removes the top layer of dead skin. Unlike a multi-blade razor, a straight razor won’t get clogged with hair, skin, or shaving cream.
- Straight Razors Are Green and Eco-Friendly – Many modern consumer products are disposable, and razors are one of the worst offenders of this. It is estimated that 2 billion razors and refill blades are wasted every year in the U.S. Getting a shave from a straight razor is highly eco-friendly.
- It’s not as Dangerous As You Think – While the straight razor blade looks intimidating, we assure you that it’s very safe. You are in safe hands with professional barbers. At 24K Beauty Bar, our barbers get extensive training before handling a tool like a straight razor. You are more likely to cut yourself if you go the DIY route instead of a professional.
- Getting a Straight Razor Shave Is Manly – Even you have to admit that straight razors are pretty fierce. Receiving a straight razor shave really brings out your masculine side. Getting a classic shave is one of those activities that will make you feel like a man. It is a unique experience, especially if you have a penchant for nostalgia or classic manliness.
What to Expect from a Straight Razor Shave
24K Beauty Bar has some of the most talented barbers in Orlando. When you get into the chair, expect to be greeted and welcomed. We start off with a hot towel and then apply silky smooth shaving cream. All you have to is sit back, relax, and enjoy the best straight razor shave in Orlando.
Due to the still-present concerns of COVID-19, you can expect the highest quality of sanitary standards at 24K Beauty Bar Orlando. The health and wellness of our clients and staff is a top priority. While it is not required, we recommend that our clients practice social distancing.
Get The Best Straight Razor Shave in Orlando
The straight razor blade is more than an imposing figure. We guarantee it will ensure you the best shave of your life. When you let go of the BIC disposable razor for a straight razor, it’s like rediscovering yourself as a man. After you’ve had a straight razor shave, you’ll never return to disposable razors.
24k Beauty Bar of Orlando is a full-service salon and spa for gentlemen. Staff from 24K Beauty Bar offer exceptional high-class salon and spa services. Our salon is located right near Waterford Lakes at 12014 East Colonial Drive #160 Orlando, FL 32826. For more questions about our services give us a call at 407-237-9648. Book your appointment today!